Sunday, March 3, 2013

Project #9 - PLN

This is a cartton strip involving a mother, her daughter and her daughter's progress report. First slide: mom says 'This is a terrible progress report young lady'. Second slide: mom says 'it makes me really worried about your final grades this semester'. Last slide: daughter says 'hmm...I guess that's the difference between you and me, I'm an optimist'.
My Personal Learning Network
  My Personal Learning Network has been a challenge because I do not know what is the best means to keep everything I have learned and the names/blogs of people who can help me in an organize manner. My method of keeping records before this class has been simply writing them down on paper but now I have been debating over using SymbalooNetvibes or Delicious as my main place to store everything once I have left college. I want one place that holds everything I need or that I have found so that I can have the blogs, names and websites that have helped me to forward as a student. So far my PLN consist of three parts. The first is the usual collection of Pintrest, Youtube, Facebook, Blogger and Twitter where I have learned more about the different ways I can use them as well as how to add my own parts. The second are the blogs of the teachers I have commented on in the past as well as the students from elementary, middle or high school. I like looking back on their first post and see how far they have come and I want to keep encouraging them to post more and more. Who knows, maybe reading a student blog and giving them advice to make it better might become a part of my weekend routine. The last part of my PLN was shocking but after our recent podcast, working night and day making sure that all was right, I can now add myself to the list. I did not know that I could follow directions, find videos on solving our problems or figure out C when I learned A and B. After this class is finish and I begin to look towards my future I want to keep adding on to my network so that when a student asks how to be organize I can use it as an example not simply to teach but as a first step. If I have learn anything in this class it is that where you start, if you keep going, will not be were you end.

P.S. Thanks to this class I was able to post my very first video on Youttube and I have loved it so much that I want to keep adding more during the summer. I have decided to add videos or voice overs of me reading popular books read in middle and high school. In them after I have read one or two chapters I will discuss its meaning, the history of the time the book was written, its author and why their works have become so popular over the years. If you have any advice on this please leave a comment. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment